Coronavirus (COVID-19): Services for Australians
The health and safety of Australians overseas is our highest priority and all client services are currently by appointment only.
Please see below general information for travellers.
- Smartraveller information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel restrictions for people entering Australia
- Information on the Australian government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) isolation requirements
- Further information from the Australian Government
Please follow this link for more information about Visa and Citizenship Services.
Welcome to the Australian Embassy, UAE
Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in the United Arab Emirates which contains a broad range of information on the services the Embassy provides. The information and links on this site are aimed at answering the most commonly asked questions about Australia.
The site covers services for Australian citizens, as well as information on immigration, visas and citizenship. The site also contains links to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Australian Government websites. These links are designed to assist those looking for information on Trade, Australian culture or Government services.
Australia and the UAE cooperate across a wide range of areas including trade, defence, security, aviation, education and health. You can find out more about the Australia-UAE relationship on the DFAT website. We regularly review and update our website and would welcome feedback from visitors on how it can be improved. For regular updates on our work in the UAE, please follow us on Twitter (@AusAmbUAE), Facebook (@AusEmbUAE) and Instagram (@AusEmbUAE).
Expo 2020 Dubai
World Expo is one of the oldest and largest international events, held every five years since 1851, it is a platform for global achievement, innovation, collaboration, and cooperation. Rescheduled to open in October 2021 due to COVID-19, Australia will participate in the next World Expo in Dubai from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Expo 2020 will provide an opportunity for Australia to maximise commercial opportunities, attract new investment, access new markets, and strengthen trade with nations around the world. We will also promote Australian fields of expertise, showcase our cultural assets and innovations, and tell the Australian story to the world. Our theme, Blue Sky Dreaming, harnesses the Australian spirit of optimism, innovation, and ideas. The Australian Pavilion will bring a piece of Australia to this global mega event and play host to an exciting and targeted program of events that showcase the best of Australia. For more information please visit Australia at Expo 2020.
Changes to Smartraveller
The new Smartraveller website was launched on 21 November 2019 together with a new subscription service. Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel.
We encourage you to subscribe as soon as you are thinking about heading overseas. This free service gives you the latest updates to our travel advice and news. You no longer need an account to subscribe or manage your preferences, just an email address.
You can now also choose to receive SMS 'critical alerts' for crises overseas. This service supplements our standard travel advice subscription sent via email. We may choose to send you an SMS 'critical alert' for urgent information in the event of a crisis.
Please note: if you subscribed before 21 November 2019, you’ll need to re-subscribe to the new system
Read more about the changes on the Frequently asked questions - changes to registration, subscription and the website page.
Visit www.smartraveller.gov.au to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.
Travelling overseas this summer?
Please ensure that your Australian passport has at least six months’ validity remaining, as this is an entry requirement for many foreign countries. For information on applying for a passport, visit the Australian Passport Office website.
For passport interview appointments, see Contact Us.
Once an application is lodged successfully your replacement passport will be available for collection within 3 weeks.
When researching your holiday destination, please visit Smartraveller for the Australian Government’s latest travel advice. We strongly encourage you to subscribe to the travel advice so you’re well-informed for your trip overseas and notified of any updates to our travel advice and news.
The Australian Embassy is on Facebook and Instagram!
Public Holidays - 2021
- Sunday 03 January - New Year’s Day (In lieu)
- Tuesday 26 January - Australia Day
- Thursday 01 April - Good Friday (In lieu)
- Sunday 04 April - Easter Sunday
- Wednesday 12 May - Eid Al-Fitr
- Thursday 13 May - Eid Al-Fitr
- Sunday 18 July - Eid Al Adha
- Monday 19 July - Eid Al Adha
- Tuesday 20 July - Eid Al Adha
- Monday 09 August - Islamic New Year
- Thursday 02 December - UAE National Day
- Thursday 23 December - Christmas Day (in lieu)
- Sunday 26 December - Boxing Day (in lieu)
- Monday 27 December - Additional Holiday (in lieu)
Public Holidays - 2022
- Sunday 02 January - New Year’s Day (In lieu)
- Wednesday 26 January - Australia Day
- Thursday 14 April - Good Friday (In lieu)
- Sunday 17 April - Easter Monday (In lieu)
- Sunday 01 May - Eid Al-Fitr
- Monday 02 May - Eid Al-Fitr
- Sunday 10 July - Eid Al Adha
- Monday 11 July - Eid Al Adha
- Tuesday 12 July - Eid Al Adha
- Sunday 31 July - Islamic New Year (In lieu)
- Thursday 01 December - UAE National Day (In lieu)
- Sunday 25 December - Christmas Day
- Monday 26 December - Boxing Day
- Tuesday 27 December - Additional Holiday