Australian Embassy, Abu Dhabi
Currently no vacancies
Australian Consulate-General, Dubai
Business Development Manager
This position, located at the Australian Consulate-General in Dubai, promotes and supports Australian business in the United Arab Emirates by optimising and expanding business networks to take advantage of trade and investment opportunities in the lead-up and during Expo 2020 Dubai.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Delivering business objectives, as outlined in the MEA Market Plan, including the achievement of team and individual outcomes across the UAE for Expo 2020 Dubai.
- Managing a client portfolio providing services to assist Australian businesses with market entry or market expansion, working with clients both individually and as industry-based clusters.
- Promoting market engagement opportunities for Australian businesses in the UAE through effective use of Austrade’s on-line presence (www.austrade.gov.au) and timely update of online content.
- Identifying, targeting and promoting specific export and outward investment opportunities to Australian companies around Expo 2020 Dubai and developing and delivering strategic programmes around industry or niche opportunities.
- Delivering in-market programmes (client visits, missions, exhibitions etc.) to develop new business and win major business opportunities in priority sectors in the lead-up and during Expo 2020 Dubai, monitoring milestones and outcomes through Austrade’s web-based client management system.
- Proactively identify, analyse and track potential corporate investors in priority industries in the UAE. This will involve preparation of target lists of potential investors, analysis of their decision making processes and expansion drivers and tracking trends in key subsectors to support the business case for investment.
- Supporting colleagues in the UAE with investment enquiries, promotional campaigns and preparation of detailed presentations and materials for individual companies which present a compelling value proposition for investment.
- Developing and maintaining extensive business networks in market territories and Australia, representing Austrade with companies, government agencies and business groups.
- Ensuring a strong working relationship with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and other Australian Government and ally industry bodies.
- Utilising internal databases and knowledge management systems to support work practices.
- Working as part of an Austrade team and maintain Austrade standards and policies, including diversity in the workplace, ethical practice and occupational health and safety principles and compliance with audit requirements
Applications will be accepted via Austrade’s online recruitment system, eRecruit. Submit your online application through the Austrade Employment Page by 11:30 pm (UAE time) 15 November 2019.
Only candidates who complete their application in Austrade’s online recruitment system will be considered. For assistance with the online recruitment system contact Recruitment.